I like to be shot.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Beauty Detox Solution


I started reading The Beauty Detox Solution, by celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder. And I can't seem to put it down! It has some super interesting points on the foods we eat and the ways which we consume them. How pairing and order of foods effect our bodies, our over all health and well "beauty". It's packed with information (at times almost too much) But I definitely love some of the things I have learnt.
1st I love her reasoning behinds being a vegetarian. She throughly explains how our bodies aren't built for meat, comparing us to Gorillas and Tigers. We are much like Gorillas who also happen to be one of the strongest animals and guess what, they don't eat meat. Same with Elephants, Rhinos etc. So all that bullshit with "I need the portein" ain't true. We can get all the essential proteins from a plant based diet. Our bodies simply aren't built to break down animal protein, where as a tigers are. For instance, our teeth. We don't have the sharp canine tooth for meat, it's for nuts and shells. A tigers teeth are sharp including their molars. Just one example that many people seem to bring up when I say "I'm a vegetarian".
She also talks about the the order in which we eat and how eating lighter in the morning and heavier meals for dinner can drastically help our skin freeing up our bodies energy from just breaking down food, to breaking down built up toxins. In our day and age toxin build up is higher than ever, causing us to age much earlier than we should. Botox is not the solution. Your diet is. And I simply love how she explains what foods will drastically help rebuild a new you!
Time to grow younger, not older (and yes that is totally possible)
It is an extreme diet she suggests (Such as no dairy, no beans, no sugar, no oils other than coconut and limited fruit) So I don't think I will follow it as strict as she suggests but many of her points and recipes can seriously help radically effect your weight, skin and hair. And to anyone who needs a change I highly suggest her book. Even simply adding her Glowing Green Smoothie as your breakfast and changing the order in which you eat your foods to become more Alkaline will seriously change your entire body and well being.

If you are at all interested in nutrition I highly suggest this to you.

ps. That Glowing Green Smoothie... So yummy! Definitely something I will be keeping in my diet.

Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment