I like to be shot.

Friday, June 15, 2012

What doesn't kill you.

Alright, lets talk about that "double whammy" I mentioned in my last post. So I did the show from 1-6, it was easy and pretty well the exact same thing we had done the day before. Right after the client took Regina and I (another Russian model) to the studio. We grabbed a few snacks and hung out for about an hour until they started hair and make-up. 
This was at 7 PM.
After 2 hours maybe 2 and a half we were finally ready.
And then they told us to wait...
It was now 10 PM
Regina would shoot, then I would shoot. At first I thought ok, this will be quick we'll be done by mid-night.
Then I asked "Do we have to shoot all these racks... tonight?"
"Yes." Umi replied, "Fuck my life"
There was over 15 racks of clothes with over 20 outfits on each rack. 
12 AM.... we had finished 2 racks.
That's when I finally admitted to myself "We'll probably be here till 4 AM."
Regina and I tried to move quickly, but randomly for no reason they would say "Okay rest" or "we're having a smoke". I started to get incredibly frustrated at their lack of speed towards the job. I did not want to be there all night, but clearly they were more than content with taking their time. 
People would leave, get snacks, hang out. While the only thing available for us to keep our energy up was these cheesy corn bar snacks and donuts.
Lovely. Just what you want a 2 AM. Especially since we had ate dinner at 6:30.
I had no choice, I ate a donut.
I don't even like donuts.
By the time we finally finished. It was 6 AM
11 hours later and the sun was up.
Thankfully I had that day off so I was able to sleep a bit. 
But regardless having no sleep all night caused me to get sick.
In the end, all I can say is I made it through, and I hope the photos are worth it.

I successfully endured my first model marathon.
And hopefully my last of that kind.

Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment