I like to be shot.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

That's life.

I've always been the kind of person to bottle my emotions up until I reach a breaking point.

I found that point the other day.

I think the stresses of this job, my insecurities, being away from the people I love for 5 months along with getting multiple news of heart wrenching things going on back home, just pushed me over the edge.

I felt like I was in the wrong place. That for the sake of my own health both mental and physical and for the needs of my loved ones, that I needed to be home.

I suddenly felt like everything I was so sure of was suddenly taken from me. Whether it be relationships or things career wise. I felt like I was treading water and the island I was headed for kept looking further and further away.

 I just kept thinking why? After all this hard work and dedication is it so difficult for me now? When will any of this sacrifice pay off? 

The following morning I get a message from a fellow Vancouver photographer I had worked with who happened to be in China saying "I just bought some magazines in China, is this you!?"

Sure enough, low and behold there I was. 
Talk about a small world.
I knew the job I did was for Elle but they never mentioned it would actually be published. Had Alan not found it I never would have known. 


Then later that day I went out only to find my Fitness editorial had been published in this months Shape Magazine. 

I was also given the opportunity to reconcile with some people I hadn't talked to in a long time.

So as I took my evening stroll I just started to laugh to myself. Life sure has a funny way of throwing you down only to give you a glimpse of a sign to get back up and keep going. It'll never bend down and put you on your feet it's self. But sometimes if you look hard enough, suddenly that island you've been headed for looks a little bit closer than the day before.

And that's all I can ask for.

The only way to fail is if you give up.

And honey I'll be damned. 



Ky.xo



1 comment:

  1. Kyla, I love reading your blogs. They really inspire me, I have been feeling pretty bad the past few days but I feel better after reading this. Thank you, and keep on keeping on.

    From your football captain Blake.

    ReplyDelete