I like to be shot.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

You used to rule the world


Every fashion blog you look at has some kind of post about Galliano. I would like to put my two cents in.
First off: yes, what he did was a terrible disgusting thing. No human should ever utter words such as his.
But can we please take a moment and look at some of this pieces including ones from his final Dior show..









This man is a genius, no one can deny that. We should look at his art, not his words. If he can compose a sincere apology I see no reason why he can not rise to the top of the fashion world again. Hence his choice of music during the show "Viva la vita" starting with "I used to rule the world" and ending with Adele's "Rolling in the deep" containing the words "We could have had it all"
I honestly hope to see Galliano again. I always enjoyed his work. He just needs to learn to speak through his work, and not in remarks to people.

Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment