I like to be shot.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Xiamen

One of the most amazing parts of this job is all the incredible destinations you get to see. Last week I got the chance to fly an hour and fifteen minutes to Xiamen. The whole time I was hoping I would get to see the beach (seeing as Shanghai only has a fake one that's literally just a sandbox). 

This ended up kicking me in the ass. In the morning we woke up and headed out to beautiful Gulangyu Island. But let me tell you it was hot... like 37-39 degrees Celsius hot. No exaggeration. We took a quick boat ride over and the second we arrived thunder roared and the clouds parted creating one of the craziest rain storms I have ever witnessed. 
This doesn't work so well for an outdoor shoot. So they decided to wait for the rain to cease. 
This gave Fernando, Breno and I (the other models) ample time to wander the markets around the island until it stopped.  After about 2 hours it finally held off a bit and we began. Of course the insane heat returned just in time for us to put on our ski pants and coats, gloves, toques and scarves for the shoot....
Luckily we only shot for 3 hours until they decided the light just wasn't right and we would do more the next day.
The rest of the crew returned to Xiamen and the guys and I decided to continue getting cultured on the beautiful island we were lucky to be on. Who knows if I would ever be there again, might as well experience it!
Along with every kind of ice cream one can imagine...
Frozen yogurt
Ice cream crepes
Shaved Mango
DQ
Turkish Ice cream
You name it, we had it.
Good thing I sweat so much....
And no worries the next day was going to bring even more.
We drove about 2 hours to a beach only to once again be shooting a winter catalog.

The chinese seriously baffle me.


If I thought the day before was hot I sure was in for it. 
I can't even begin to explain the amount of sweat that probably left my body. Not to mention they fed us hot soup around 11 and that was basically it for the day... As much as it was only 5 hours of shooting, you needed something to keep your energy up when you're in that much clothes, in that much heat, having salt poured around you to make it look like snow... 
(remind me again why we came to the beach?)
Regardless we somehow made it through the day in one piece.
Xiamen was beautiful and I was so happy to have had the opportunity to see it, just next time I'd like to be in a little less clothes...
Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment