I like to be shot.

Monday, August 13, 2012

"My skin is a fence just holding me in"

Thanks to the pollution in China my skin seemed have the hardest time adapting. I had experienced a similar problem when traveling to Tokyo. the extreme heat and air quality that is so different compared to BC took quite a toll. Not to mention the contaminated water in Shanghai didn't help. 
Even when you showered you still felt dirty. And you were to never ever drink it. 
That being said I don't understand why it was then okay to bath and wash with it, your skin is the largest organ, and it soaks everything you put on it into your body. So if we shouldn't directly drink it, why should we let it into your bodies in any other form?
Anyways with the combination of those things my skin took a hard toll, looking dull, red and broken out. Once I got to Singapore one of my biggest goals was to get my skin back on track. I knew the clean air and water would help but I didn't feel like waiting for that to kick in. So along with clean healthy eating I have now started to use an organic skin care brand called Sukin.
I believe in using organic products because as I said earlier our skin is our largest organ. What we put on it we put in our body. So harsh chemicals that are in so many skin care products are brought directly into our systems. Often taxing on our livers that then have to work to get them out. 

Sukin is a brand created in Australia that is dedicated to using natural organic elements that will help rejuvenate and refresh the look of your skin.
The foaming cleanser works great to clean my skin and get rid of the excess oil that builds up from the the make-up I wear all day combine with the heat that often leaves me lightly dewy. It uses Chamomile, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Green tea with Macadamia and Evening Primrose Oils to purify and even your skin tone. And that's it. No added chemicals or ingredients that you need a chemistry degree to understand. 

I love the Hydrating Mist Toner because you can use it at any point. After cleansing or over make-up for a refreshing and hydrating boost. It uses Chamomile and Rose-water for a gentle yet refreshing way to wake-up your skin.

The moisturizer is to die for. It makes my skin look and feel incredible. And works wonderfully as a base before make-up. I find I use less of my tinted moisturizer if I put this on first for it helps to even my skin tone. I could go on forever about all the good things in here but I'll list the best and most important, it contains: Aloe Vera, Rosehip Oil, Jojoba, Avocado Oil, Shea, Lavender, Vitamin E, Cocoa butter and so on. Not to mention is smells amazing. 

At night I tend to use a more heavy duty moisturizer for I have incredibly dry skin. Instead I use pure Rosehip Oil. And it works WONDERS. Known for its ability to combat wrinkles and mend acne scars, Rosehip is something I suggest to everyone. Sukin offers an incredible rosehip oil though I already had it before trying these products. When I use the rosehip oil at night I wake up with my skin glowing. It will forever be a permanent part of my beauty regime.

The facial scrub is a must have, for we should always exfoliate 2-3 times a week. If not more. In order for me to get rid of this pesky red acne build up I exfoliate almost every other day. I love that this in gentle and doesn't irritate my skin but still gets rid of the dead skin cells. It uses Aloe Vera, Bamboo, Jojoba, Rosehip Oil, Walnut shell and Chamomile. And also smells amazing.

And as an added bonus they also have a natural deodorant which has become a lifesaver in this extreme climate I'm in. It has a light sent that doesn't over power and works to eliminate bacteria. The best part is you can spray it anywhere that may need refreshing (like the back of my neck when my hair has been down) unlike your typical stick deodorant. Plus no white marks on your black t-shirt, Score!
My skin is still far from where I would like it to be, but with it only being 4 days of using these products I am already thrilled with the results and can't wait to see their long term effects.
 Be sure to check out their website for a full list of products and yes it is available in Duncan and Vancouver! The site has a list of distributors available. 

http://www.sukinorganics.com/

Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment