I like to be shot.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

From Island to Island.


I think I have felt every emotion possible today. Saying good-bye was very hard. It took a long time to finally dry my tears, my amazing sister and a few friends drove all the way to the airport to see me off. I can't even explain how amazing and heart breaking that felt.
After a very long plane ride next to who I think is possibly the cutest baby ever we landed in Tokyo.
So you know when your in a really over heated hot tub for a long time and you get out and you feel like your skin is radiating. Well that's what it's like here. All the time. And to top it off it will rain too. Hot rain. Awesome.
So anywho we got off the plane and ran onto the bus and rode about an hour and a half into Ikebukuro where we met my agent. He took us to the apartment which is small and hot but it's clean, so thats all that matters. Right away I was swept off to a casting for a hair fashion show. My two roommates from Russia and another russian model from my agency went with me. Of course I know absolutely no Russian and they know little english. I felt like an outcast immediately. I began to panic. I felt sick and lonely. This was what the whole trip would be like? Resent and regret washed over me. But then, at the casting I was shown it will all be ok. They loved my hair taking pictures and talking, it reminded me why I'm here. Not to make friends, but for myself, for my career. I found a new confidence with it and decided to get to know it. With this new found mind set I decided to try a little harder to get to know my roommates, even with the barrier. And even though it is still awkward it has already gotten better, I mean we have 2 months so we better figure out something that works.
This is only day one and I have basically had no sleep in about 36 hours.
We will see what tomorrow brings.
Ky.xo

1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up Kyla! You'll do lots of great things in Tokyo, just keep up that amazing energy you have and don't fret about not speaking Russian and what not.

    ReplyDelete