I like to be shot.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Plan


A Plan.

I have always been a planner. I over analyze everything. Research things to the bitter end. The one thing that seems to be ever changing is my plan after High School. At first my dream was broadcast journalism. Which would still be amazing, but it's not my passion. I have always said I want a job that I get excited to wake up for. Which is why I look so deeply into these things.
Thanks to modeling I have fallen head over heels with fashion. I spend hours looking up designs and editorials. As much as I still have a lot to learn I feel as though it's something I understand and am willing to learn about.
That was change one.
But of course my true desire is in modeling.
I can not explain my love for it. And I plan to drag it out to the bitter end (which hopefully there is none)
But I have always said I will have a back up plan. Get a degree at least, so that I have something to stand on.
While in Japan I decided if modeling is my thing, I may as well take a year off and do it while I can.
That was change 2
And probably one of the best ones, I'm very glad I decided to. So I was going to travel as much as I could with modeling.
Alright that sounds good.
But now, while I'm in my final year of high school I've been wanting a car. Obviously the normal adolescent wanting freedom. First I need a job ...I'm working on it. But today it hit me.
I will never save a penny if I do that. First I'll have to pay off the car to my mom who would loan me the money, then insurance, then gas, then repairs. It will never end.
I realized today that I don't want to sit in Duncan waiting to travel. I now plan to move to Vancouver mid-summer.
If I were to get a car, I could never save in order to move to Vancouver.
There's no way.
So I have decided, no car for Kyla.
We have two, only one on the road right now but the second will be in February so I can drive it when ever, for now my friends can deal with me bumming rides. (Love you guys) And I am starting a "moving to van" fund, once I pay off my trip to Greece this spring break.

I couldn't be happier with my decision, discoveries and my over all plan.
Change is good, be open to it.
Ky.xo


ps. Once again image taken by Jonathan Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment