I like to be shot.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Trophy Wife.



I am currently sitting here completely exhausted thinking over the past two days. It's hard to believe all the work we did was only in two days. Felt like a week worth. But It was so worth it.
Turns out it was filming a DVD for the Mazda 5. Our description?: A successful stylish family with a trophy wife and a daughter that gives no troubles. All American family Japanese style. Hence why I am 17 and my husband was 30... this is completely normal for Japan... hm.. but hey it got me the job.
Turns out my husband was Eric, whom Laura had told me about. He was with coultish a long time ago and then moved to Japan. And he is kind of the reason I'm there, for he helped Atsushi with scouting and introduced him to Coultish. It was nice talking to another Canadian for a few days.
My daughter was a 2 year old named Miyuki said (Me-You-Key, pretty darn cute if you ask me..). I think she might be half Japanese though she doesn't look it much, her mother was on set too who was caucasian. It was odd though because both only spoke Japanese. It was interesting and often a challenge. At first Miyuki was very difficult which makes total sense. I wouldn't want to sit between these two strangers either if I was her. So the first day it took a lot of tricking her into the shots. Having her mom sit there with her then get up and I would sneek in behind. Then she would burst into tears and run to her mom. It took much longer then needed but she was so adorable, who dare get frustrated? It was a very long day on set so when I got to the hotel I crashed.
The next day was a 5 Am wake-up call. Yipee. We went to a cafe and did a few shots there with just me and Miyuki. At this point she had started to warm up to me and we got all the shots pretty easily. We then moved to a hotel and did shots of me getting in the car, shifting, steering. Etc. Then we did a few more family shots with the car. Miyuki was still kind of scared of Eric which I understood, he is very intimidating. But she started to love me. When I had to do a take of carrying her to the car she hopped right into my arms. Everyone on set was so excited/relieved to not have her burst out crying and run to her mom. By the end of the two days, I really felt like she was my daughter. (weird I know) But when you spend that much time pretending it almost becomes real. Plus she was so freaking cute, I couldn't help but fall in love. And when it came time to say good-bye. She started bawling her eyes out. It was totally heartbreaking.
I will most likely never see you again but I hope the best for you Miyuki. One day you will look back at this DVD and laugh hearing about the stories like how we used a lazar pointer on the wall to trick you into letting Eric pick you up. Or how in half the shots your mom is hiding in the car so you will run inside.
I really forgot how much I love doing film. It's long. exhausting and repeatitive. But thrilling at the same time.
Either way it was a wonderful two days of work that I'm really happy I got to be involved in. I can't wait to get a hold of the DVD to show everyone.
Until next time,
Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment