I like to be shot.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Take your time.

   After having some issues with my proxy and not being able to post I am finally able to get back on blogger. Which is probably for the best, for if I had posted after my first day I'm not sure it would have been all too positive. 

The first day I seemed to go through waves, at some points I was like, "Okay I can do this, I'll be fine." Then I would plunge back down and think "What am I doing here?!" 

First off the people I'm living with/ working with from the agency are all amazing. I am so so thankful things are different this time around.  The first night I was put up with 2 Canadians, a Brazilian and one girl from Argentina. They were all super nice the next morning once I got to meet them (for I got in at 1 AM) but the next day I was to switch apartments for that one already had 4 people in it and this one only had 3. Thankfully it was for the best, for one, this apartment is even nicer than the last(actually incredible for models apartment standards), it's on the first floor where as the other was the 5th and this one is even closer to everything. 

Not to mention I'm now living with 3 rather entertaining Brazilians.

My first full day contained nothing more than 7 castings, being driven around in a hot van from place to place. (oh the glamour!) The Chinese are very up front about whether they like you or not. You tend to know if you got the job or not on the spot, or at least you have an idea. This I was not a fan of. Sometimes it's better to just not know...

But things seem to be getting better and better. I told myself I had to give it two weeks before I judge Shanghai, for when I went to Japan it took about that long to really get settled and learn my surroundings, and by then I loved it.

It's only the second day but it's already so much better. I have befriended my room mate Marina who has been amazing taking me around and showing me the best places to shop etc. And I found out I booked two jobs already! (guess I didn't do as bad as I thought...) With that being after only one day of castings I'm feeling rather positive about how I will work here.

So hopefully things keep going upwards and onwards. 

Shanghai just may grow on me...

Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment