I like to be shot.

Monday, May 14, 2012

That's Life

Today I lived in a van.
10:30 I had a casting for a TVC
Then home for a quick lunch 
Only to leave again at 1:00 for 3 more castings which happened to be in every opposite corner of Shanghai. 
It doesn't sound like much but man, we were in that van forever.
Thankfully it was one of the most entertaining van rides I've ever had. I don't think I've laughed so hard I had tears running down my face in a long long time. 
If nothing else I will call it a very... interesting day. 
One of the castings was for an online catalog (that's a really good client)and they wanted to use me as an undergarment model. So I had to strip right down to my underwear right there in the studio and have about 20 random strangers (including other models from my agency and others) get to see my ass... that was fun. 
I swear in this industry you just got to let it go. It's no longer "your body" But simply a mannequin or a "canvas" for them to use. 
(I may also add, I don't do nudity, as tasteful and artistic and I believe it to be, it's not for me. And all my agents know this. But unfortunately it was my choice of underwear today that caused this..)
Then as we were leaving, me being in my new giant pink heels, practically biffed so hard it's not funny. I somehow caught myself and ran about ten feet before I was able to catch my balance. It was like freaking Bambi on ice only instead on only rolling ankles it was like a complete nose dive. What I would do to see a video of what that looked like...
Actually scratch that, it's bad enough in my head. I don't want to know. 
But in the end all you can do is laugh it off and hope to god they actually book me haha. 

Another point I must touch on is the traffic in China. I have never seen something so dysfunctional in my life. No one uses traffic lanes, or stop lights or even cross walks. You can pull a u-turn at anytime in the middle of traffic. Weave in and out of vehicles and bikes(including going into oncoming traffic lanes). Crossing the street is literally like putting your life on the line. They will not think twice about running you over. It's every man for himself out there. 
Although as insane and dangerous as it all is. I have yet to see one car accident..
I mean you hear of pedestrians being hit all the time. But as for actual cars it's somehow surprisingly fine. 
Oh they don't believe in seat belts either. So I guess I really better pray that accidents are as rare as they seem...
But all in all I have no complaints. I mean I got to be driven around town all day, then smile at clients and have my picture taken, only to come home to a clean apartment with dishes done and my bed made from the cleaning lady. 

Seriously my life is so tough...

Ky.xo


No comments:

Post a Comment