I like to be shot.

Friday, July 16, 2010

"And I need your heart, because your always in the right places"

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I've noticed going to Japan has not only broke me out of my picky spell it's broke my shy one as well. Anyone who knew me as a child knows I barely spoke. I was so shy and as much as I have shook most of it I still have a hard time standing up for myself. I just hate causing a scene, a lot. But when your on your own you learn that sometimes if it's your safety at risk, a scene is the last thing you need to worry about.
It was a good day today, an interesting one.. but in the end it turned out to be good. We had 2 castings today, one for a car show (aka the girl who stands beside the car in the show room) and one for Olympus. Vital sasson decided to push their dates back so we didn't do that one today. Anyways so we went to the castings and all went well. I actually bonded really well with some of the people from Olympus while I was there. Which the other girls didn't get to do, mainly because of language barriers I think, but I was happy that I was the one who did most the talking. More likely to leave an impression.
So after the castings I was supposed to go for a call back for the Sony/Canon job from yesterday (the building was for Sony but it turns out the job was Canon which is why in my last post I said Sony, who knew?) But I was pretty excited I had a call back because it was a huge casting. Which we don't usually go to.Anyways after the olympus one my agent said I am no longer going to the call back for Canon. I was just like Ok? and went back to the apartment. The way back was... an interesting one. I was all alone cause the girls were meeting up with other Russians.
So I'm standing there and this black guy comes up to me. Now I am the last person to be racist, honestly but in Japan it's a little different. Go walk around Roppongi at night and you will know what I mean. They seriously just come out at night in the city-like areas and try and tell you to go upstairs to a club. It's pretty scary because they are everywhere and big guys. And they are only people around here who do stuff like that. Most people really keep to themselves. So when he started talking to me I immediately got a little scared. I walked away and sat down only to my luck the guy beside me got up and the black guy moved in (once again not racist but I don't know his name) He started saying how beautiful I was and he couldn't take his eyes off me. I just kept turning my head and looking away. He was asking when my days off were, my number, my e-mail. I just kept saying I don't have a phone, I don't get days off, no computer. Hoping he would give up. He wouldn't. Everyone around me was uncomfortable too and saw the look on my face but the Japanese are quiet people, no one would say anything. Finally I got fed up and I was like "Look buddy I have a boyfriend and he lives with me so do you want to leave me alone?!" That did the trick and he got off at the next stop. Everyone was staring at me but I had to do something, if not he could have followed me off my stop and I was going back to the apartment alone, I wouldn't have been able to do anything. I took a few minutes to calm down and left the station and grabbed something to eat.
It was early afternoon and I didn't feel like sitting around so I cleaned my room, vacuumed the apartment, went and did 3 loads of laundry etc. I was starting to feel better. Then my agent called and it looks like another busy weekend for Kyla.
Tomorrow I have the college hair show. It's huge about 300 people go, I'm pretty excited about it. Then Sunday I have that Bridal show again with the fake ceremony, they have it pretty often and I had fun last time, and this time should be better because I'm not as down in the dumps as I was. Then Monday I have another test shoot, this time on the beach. I'm super excited about it. The fact I keep getting tests is rare (Test shoot are shoots that aren't going to be printed or a company isn't behind them, it's just a collaboration of people who use the shots for their portfolios) They don't do tests as much as at home here. Granted a job shoot is better but I could care less, either way it's a shoot so I'm excited.
So it looks like another busy weekend, but I couldn't be happier I want to stay busy and I could only take a few more nights of watching reruns. It gets pretty boring after a while. Keeping busy is much better.
I have more very exciting news but I feel like I should save them for later posts seeing as the jobs aren't until later in the month/August.
But I can say one of them has something to do with the fact I didn't go to my call back..
You'll just have to wait and see!
Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment