I like to be shot.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hate on me - Jill Scott


I have had several messages now asking what my "exciting new" was. I didn't post it that night because I started to realize I kept talking about my jobs. And I don't want this to come across as me bragging about the things I'm booking. I post about them for my friends and family and those who are interested to hear about it. Not as a way of my putting myself on a pedestal, at all. I would still post every night jobs or not.
But for some I can imagine I would look that way. I would like to make it clear that is not my intension. There will be haters. I understand that. Especially in this industry. And especially when your from a small town of tight knit people and your trying to break into this industry. I am not going to come back and think I am some celebrity. As my agent put it, this is one more step up the ladder helping me. But I have a long way to go. I may never get there. But I understand that. And these jobs, I post about them for you to hear about my day, not for me to say "oh hey look what I'm doing now aren't I wonderful" there is a difference. I wanted to make that clear.
Thanks
But first, my day. It was good, I basically did the exact same thing as the last time I did the fake ceremony show. Hair was ridiculous. Make-up was worse. (like orange lip stick honestly people? and no they weren't trying to be couture) But it was fun. Very long. We had like 3 hours in between shows so I brought my travel pillow and slept. it was nice other then the fact I threw out my neck in the process.
On our way back my homesickness hit me like a wave again. I felt terrible. I just wanted to lay in my bed and look at old pictures on my laptop. But then, the Russians invited me to a Mcdonalds run for a late dinner. I was so happy that 1) they included me and 2) It would get my mind off my loneliness. And of course good ol' Dons did the trick.
Tomorrow I have a test shoot on the beach, I'm pretty excited. I have been craving a day at the beach and even though this will be much different then home maybe it will kill a bit of my desire.
So exciting news time?
Well there is 2 parts, one isn't as exciting but I just didn't post about it. So that day, I got the car show casting. Which will be super fun! Stand by a beautiful car for people? Sounds good to me! That job is on Thursday.
And.. drum roll..
I got the Olympus Ad! Which is why I didn't go to my Canon call back because 2 camera companies wouldn't use the same girl for their ads. It's my first big ad I have ever gotten so I'm super excited. They decided right then and there because of my other call back (which I think gave me an upper hand, being in demand always seems to work and the fact I got along with everyone so well. I knew I made an impression) But that's not until August. But more exciting part about that is I get to fly to a tropical Island for it. I forget the name of it but I do know it's a 2 hour flight and there always seems to be wars over it (according to my agent) I didn't think I would get a job like that while being here. I figured my hair show with A*pish would be the biggest thing and the rest just small shows like I have been doing. Which I'm fine with, I love them. But it is a good feeling to get this ad.
Oh and I'd just like to say, anyone who is reading this should send me a message updating me on their summer. I haven't had as many the last few days and I don't like it. I have boring nights people (hence this blog) I need entertainment.
Please and Thank-you!
Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment