I like to be shot.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Phoenix.

Being human causes emotions to get the best of us. It's one of the best and worst things about us. Today I got to experience that side throughly. Sometimes I think being able to turn off my emotions would help make things easier. But it doesn't work that way.
We had 2 castings today. They went pretty well all until the last one. The woman asked how long we had been modeling for Atsushi replied going down the line "Ecaterina: 3, Galina: she said 4, which I have a hard time believing seeing as she's 16 and me he said 3." which I just nodded to. I have only been with Barbara Coultish 2 but I just went along with it. So when we leave Ecaterina goes "you only told me 2" I looked at her and was like "Well I modeled before my agency, I've just only been with them 2" Which is fine, thats experience too. She looks and me and goes "Well I did modeling when I was little girl but I don't say that" (remember bad english) I couldn't believe it. The fury that rose in me literally burned. Atsushi just laughed and said "it's fine it's fine" and she was so rattled about it! Then we sat there as he called clients about jobs. He explained to her that she didn't get the shopping channel because she did everything too sexy. (seriously she does everything seductively, it gets awkward) She rolled her eyes and said "I didn't like that job anyway, stand here look here, it's so stupid. What ever" I was baffled. Down right baffled. Just because you don't get a job doesn't mean you need to bash it. So Atsushi said "well that's good for some jobs but not all" and she was like "Well in Russia they love it. I work on TV all the time, That's what they want" and he agreed "yes sometimes they do but sometimes not" she went into a tizy going off on how it does work. He then said they want me back to work more, which she then rolled her eyes and pouted. Her competitiveness started to get on my nerves adding to the fire that was already brewing in me. It was just so disrespectful I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure if it's just a russian trait or what but they seem to be that way all the time.
Like for example the internet is in my room. So they sit on my floor and talk on Skype. Which is fine I don't mind but it gets late and I'm like "Ok I'm going to bed night!" and they are like "Night" and still sit there yelling to their family on the computer, leaving my light on and what not. (Russians talk very loud) While I lay in my bed trying to sleep. I can't even comprehend that, How DO you do that!?
I'm still killing them with kindness, in fact I'm slaughtering them. It's all I can do and hope I get it in return.
But after all that I really needed to calm myself down, so I came back to the apartment while they went off shopping and watched the bachelorette getting caught up on my newest guilty pleasure. Then Nicole, another girl from Victoria contacted me and wanted to go to dinner. So my mom and I went out to Roppongi and met her and her room mate. Thankfully we had a wonderful dinner and talked for quite a few hours. After leaving them I had a new perspective and realized it doesn't matter what these girls are like. I have my ways they have theirs. If they choose to be disrespectful that is their choice but that's not me. I choose to leave every casting last so I can smile and say thank-you and good-bye. I choose to thank Atsushi for everything and show how thankful I am. I choose to offer to get up early and take the garbage out and do their dishes (yes I have to do their dishes, stupid) Hopefully my choices will turn me in the right direction but this is who I am. It's how I was raised, I'm not about to change that. (Thanks Mavis)
Anyway that was my rant for today. Sorry I needed to let it all out.
Tomorrow is a new day, We shall see how it goes.
Ps. It is currently 1:30 AM and they are vacuuming.. Even more reason for this post. Hmph.
Ky.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment